- Compact: TimeTools NTP s5500 has a 1U high compact design measuring only 160mm deep. The s5500 occupies minimum rack space.
- Reliable: A high quality, rugged aluminium enclosure, means the NTP s5500 can withstand the riggers of long term use. TimeTools devices are installed in military vehicles and have a proven reliability record.
- Longevity: TimeTools NTP s5000 series are low power devices, consuming less than 12 Watts. The NTP s5500 runs very cool, requiring no fans, aiding longevity.
- NTP: The latest version of NTP is utilised, NTP 4.2, which can easily be configured using HTTP (Browser), Telnet or console connections. Firmware is also easily up-gradable using FTP.
- Security: TimeTools NTP s5500 network connections are password protected and can optionally be disabled. Additionally, the NTP s5500 series fully supports MD5 NTP authentication.
- Conformity: The NTP s5500 series is fully CE certified, conforming to EN55022 Class B, EN61000-4-5, EN61000-4-11, EN61000-4-4, EN61000-4-2 and EN61000-4-4 directives.
- Warranty: Our confidence in the reliability of the NTP s5000 series is reflected in the provision of a 3 year return to TimeTools warranty.
PDF: TimeTools Dual GPS\Radio NTP Server s5500
TimeTools NTP s5500 is a 1U high, rack-mountable stratum 1 dual GPS\Radio NTP Server. It utilises an unmodified version of the latest network time protocol distribution, NTP version 4.2.0.
An integral GPS receiver constantly tracks up to 12 satellites simultaneously to provide a highly accurate timing reference. A high-gain radio receiver also constantly monitors either the MSF or DCF-77 radio transmissions. An ethernet NTP output jitter of less than 50 microseconds is typically achieved.
The unit is a low-power convection cooled device with no moving parts, aiding long term reliability. Our confidence in the reliability of the NTP s5500 is reflected in the provision of a 3 year warranty.
An easy to use password-protected web interface is provided for system configuration and management. FTP can be utilised to download NTP statistics and upload firmware upgrades, provided by TimeTools free of charge.
The s5000 series is also available as a MSF/DCF-77 radio based NTP Server, a GPS NTP Server and a dual reference GPS NTP Server.
Links and Additional Information
http://gpsinformation.net/main/gpstime.htm - Does my GPS display GPS time, UTC time, Local time or WHAT? How does the GPS system keep time synchronzied with UTC time? Questions answered in the interesting article by Marc Brett.