GPS Over Optical Fiber Link
A GPS over fiber link system allows GPS signals to be transmitted with minimal losses over long cable distances. It provides a highly secure link between a GPS antenna and receiver. It is also resistant to noise, allowing an interference-free link through noisy environments. The technology transparently provides cross-site connection between a GPS antenna and receiver unit.
- Minimal signal loss and degradation over very long cable runs up to 10km.
- Provides a highly secure tamper-proof connection between antenna and receiver.
- Interference free link through noisy environments, the optical signal is unaffected by electrical noise.
- Flexible, small-diameter, lightweight optical fiber cable favourably with heavy, large diameter and inflexible low-loss coax cable.
- Lower cost of optical fiber cable compared with long cable runs of high quality low-loss coax.
- Complete electrical isolation between antenna and receiver protects against lightning strikes and electrical surge
|Enclosure (RF to Fibre)||Anodized Housing|
|Enclosure (Fibre to RF)||1U 19″ Rack-mountable|
|Frequency Band||GPS L1 / L2|
|PSU||85 – 264 VAC|
|TF-800327PRO||IP65 Weather-Proof Cabinet For RF to Fibre Converter Module|
|TF-700241||100m Pre-Terminated Patch Cord Gl-3.0 Optical Fibre Armoured Cable|
|TF-700240||200m Pre-Terminated Patch Cord Gl-3.0 Optical Fibre Armoured Cable|
GPS Over Optical Fibre Link Data Sheet (PDF, 276KB)
How To Buy
TimeTools sells directly to you!
Typically, our products are available from stock and can be dispatched to locations world-wide.
You can purchase any of our products by contacting us directly for a quotation, advice or to set up an account.
Additionally, we accept most credit cards, including Visa and MasterCard.
Alternatively, please contact one of our approved representatives in your region.
TimeTools is a leading manufacturer of precise time references for synchronising servers, workstations and computer network infrastructure. For well over a decade, TimeTools has been providing timing solutions to high-profile companies world-wide. Here is a small selection of companies who trust TimeTools for their timing requirements:
TimeTools is an ISO9001:2008 accredited company. ISO9001 accreditation demonstrates that quality assurance and customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to us.
We are also a member of the CE Marking Association, which enables us to meet our legal obligations with regards to the CE Mark and product conformity, and with keeping up-to-date with changes in legislation.